CALL FOR ABSTRACTS – CLOSED BY APRIL 2022
The European Society for the History of the Human Sciences (ESHHS) invites submissions to its 41st conference to be held from August 30 to September 2, 2022. The conference is hosted by the Sigmund Freud Private University Berlin, which is located at the former airport building Berlin Tempelhof, and will be held in person.
Oral presentations, posters, sessions or workshops may deal with any aspect of the history of the human, behavioural and social sciences or with related historiographic and methodological issues.
Guidelines for submission
Any submission should include the following: name, email and institutional affiliation of the first author. Please indicate clearly on the top of the page the submission type: oral presentation, poster, session or workshop.
- Proposals for oral presentations should contain a 500-600 word abstract in English plus a short bibliography. If the presentation itself will be given in another language, please indicate this in your proposal.
- Proposals for posters should contain a 300 word abstract in English and a short bibliography.
- Proposals for a session, workshop or round-table should contain a 500-600 word rationale of the event, plus a short bibliography, as well as a short abstract for each individual contribution to the event.
Please send your proposal as attachment in MSWord (.doc/.docx) to email@example.com
Deadline for submissions is
March 31, 2022 April 5, 2022.
Registration for ESHHS 2022 is now open! Please follow this link to find the registration form. You will receive payment details after filling out the form via email.
A limited number of travel stipends will be available for students, or scholars that otherwise might be in need of economic support. Only those presenting a paper or poster are eligible. If you wish to apply for a travel stipend please indicate this clearly in your submission email and send a completed application form along with your submission. The application form can be downloaded here.
If you have any questions about the conference site and the organization on site, please also get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jannes Eshuis, President of the ESHHS
- Martin Wieser, Local Host and Communications Officer of the ESHHS
- Kim Hajek, Head of Program Committee, Treasurer of the ESHHS
Sigmund Freud University is located centrally in Berlin at the former airport Tempelhof, close to the Subway station “Platz der Luftbrücke” (Subway no 6/ or “U6”). You can find the location on google maps via this link. Coming from Platz der Luftbrücke, you need to enter the site of the airport from Columbiadamm. You will find the university walking diagonally to the left straight across the parking lot.
Berlin is easily accessible via train, airplane (via the airport BER at the southeast of the city) or car. Parking spaces are available in front of the building. We recommend using public transport, which usually operates very reliably in the city. A weekly ticket for the Berlin public transport company (BVG) costs 36€, a single ticket 3€ for adults. In addition, there is a wide range of vehicles available for short-term rent, such as bikes, scooters or e-scooter.
We recommend to look for accommodation close to the university in districts such as Kreuzberg, Tempelhof, Mitte or Neukölln. This might help you keeping the journey as short as possible. We recommend the following Hotels:
- Hotel Mercure in Hermannstraße 214-216, 12049 Berlin, about 15 mins away from the SFU by Bus. Rooms cost about 88€/night including breakfast. There is a discount for conference guests. If you are interested, please contact the local team at email@example.com [Book here]
- Hotel Cinderella in Mehringdamm 57. This Hotel is very close to the University (walking distance), prices range from 100-130€/night. This hotel has only 12 rooms, so you need to book early [Book here]
- Hotel Matzbach at Marheinekeplatz 15, 10961 Berlin, 99€/night. This hotel is also in walking distance of the university and has many food options around. This hotel has only few rooms, so early booking is advised [Book via email]
- The SFU is close to the “Platz der Luftbrücke”, where the subway line no. 6 (U6) stops. Any accommodation that is along the subway line will give you an easy ride to the conference site.
Stay tuned! Further information about the upcoming conference will be published here over the next weeks. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org