The ESHHS has two membership fees. A regular fee and a reduced student fee.
- Regular fee €30
- Student fee €5
Paying your dues can be done through Bank transfer or PayPal.
Below you’ll find the IBAN (International Bank Account Number) and BIC (Bank Identifier Code). For most transfers between European countries the IBAN is all that is needed. Sometimes you’ll be asked for the BIC as well.
If given the choice, please make sure your payment will be booked as ‘shared costs’. Your bank may charge you an additional fee for transferring money from your account to the ESHHS account.
European Society for the History of the Human Sciences
6419 AT Heerlen, the Netherlands
- Log in to your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com
- Click on the tab “Send Money”
- Into the “To” field, enter the following mail address: email@example.com
- Enter the amount you owe in Euros (€30 or €5 students)
- Click on the small tab “Personal” and indicate that the payment is “Payment owed”
- Click “Continue”
- Click Send money”
PayPal offers you several options for transferring the money (see below for more details). Depending on your exact choice, there might be a small charge involved (€1 to €2). It is up to you, but please consider paying this yourself, because otherwise the ESHHS will have to.
Don’t have a PayPal account yet?
- Go to the PayPal website
- Go to “Sign Up”
- Choose “PayPal for Consumers” and click “Get Started”
- Enter your personal information.
- Click “Agree and Create Account”
Subsequently PayPal offers you three ways to transfer money.
- By first transferring money from your bank account to your PayPal account, and subsequently from your PayPal account to the ESHHS. This takes a few days because the money has to be transferred twice. Go to the tab “My Account” and then choose “Add Funds”, to add funds to your PayPal account.
- By adding your bank account to your PayPal account. This allows you to transfer money directly from your bank account to the ESHHS, through your PayPal account. Go to the tab “My Account”, choose “Profile” and then “Add bank account”.
- By adding your credit card to your PayPal account. This allows you to use your PayPal account as an extension of your credit card. Go to the tab “My Account”, choose “Profile” and then “Add bank account”.
Those who consider paying for more than a year at once are encouraged to do so!